Boston Red Sox greatest position players from 2004-Present
RF – Mookie Betts
Betts is the greatest five-tool player in baseball today. He brings a firepower like no other to the plate and to that Right Field spot. Since he came up to the majors in 2014, he’s been a special player, this year like no other.
More from Red Sox All-Time Lists
- Boston Red Sox: All-time lineup and prospects who could dethrone them
- Red Sox: Xander Bogaerts is the only MLB player with these numbers
- Red Sox: Baseball minutia and trivia including a few Boston tidbits
- Red Sox Rankings: Top 10 catcher performances from this decade
- Red Sox greatest relief pitcher bargains in franchise history
The 2018 season saw Betts hit 32 home runs and steal 30 bases as well as clinching the batting title from the leadoff spot with a .346 BA. His abilities in the field don’t go unnoticed either, as he is as good as any when it comes to fielding and he has a cannon as an arm, which no runner is safe when coming up against. He is the favorite for AL MVP this year and will remain the center of the Red Sox’s plans for the rest of the post-season. Fans will be anxious to see a long-term deal to secure Mookie’s services in Boston completed soon.
Mookie is set to be one of the best players in the game for a long time, and let’s hope that he stays in Boston for that time. For Mookie, the sky is the limit, and he’ll be a hero figure to a whole generation if he keeps doing what he’s doing. It wouldn’t be a surprise if someday number 50 was up there with the other greats of Red Sox franchise history.