BSI Weekly Recap: a Prince, a Trade and a Hero
Another week has flown by and again there was lots of activity on the Red Sox front. With more likely to come, let’s get you caught up on the week that was here at BoSox Injection.
– the Marco Scutaro trade was finalized with the Rockies. Doesn’t it feel like this trade happened over a month ago?
– a report broke that Wandy Roriguez was still on the Red Sox radar and we broke down how a possible trade for the lefty would open up more option for the Red Sox.
– amid rumors that the Red Sox were looking to trade for a shortstop after the Scutaro deal, it was reported that Hanley Ramirez was unlikely to be a target.
– Earl wonders if Ben Cherington has lost his mind?
– Nick Punto and Mike Aviles‘ 2012 projections were broken down and Sox fans should be content with the platoon option at short.
– after much speculation, the Red Sox sign Cody Ross to a one-year deal and add some much needed depth to the outfield. It also gives him the chance to play hero for a city that hasn’t seen a steady right fielder for four years.
– we believe another move is coming for this club but what’s it going to be? Oswalt, Jackson or a possible shortstop? We look at the possibilities.
– Earl reports that Adrian Gonzalez is the best first baseman in the MLB.
– after the Prince Fielder signing that turned the baseball world on it’s ear, we look forward to the potential headlines on Opening Day that sees the Red Sox open up in Detroit.
– Jorge Posada announced his retirement and Rick looks back at a couple of memories from Jorge that will make any Red Sox fan smile.
– the new closer, Andrew Bailey, avoids arbitration and inks a one-year deal with the Red Sox.
– after a day to think, we look at how the Prince signing in Detroit could actually help the Red Sox.
– Stephanie has one word for Roy Oswalt after he can’t decided whether he wants to sign in Boston….sketchy.
– Scott Atchison is the odd man out to make room for Cody Ross and Dan Wheeler lands in Cleveland. No draft pick for the Red Sox.
– Ryan is adamant that the Red Sox need to add another proven starting pitcher.
– we get word that Cody Ross will wear #7 formerly worn by J.D. Drew. We look at some other similar comparisons from the 2007 team.
For all the latest news and analysis from BoSox Injection, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, or with our RSS feed.