Sep 28, 2015; Bronx, NY, USA; The Red Sox celebrate the win after the ninth inning of the game at Yankee Stadium. The Red Sox won 5-1. Mandatory Credit: Gregory J. Fisher-USA TODAY Sports
In a year that had many disappointments and the Red Sox ultimately finished in the cellar again, there was much to enjoy and even more to be excited about. The emergence of Boston’s young and devastatingly capable talent like the “Killer B’s”, Mookie Betts, Xander Bogaerts, Jackie Bradley, Jr., and the revelations of Travis Shaw, Eduardo Rodriguez, Blake Swihart, Brock Holt and others has our mouths wet for the years to come.
Perhaps even more satisfying than all the things I have listed is the fact that this team that came around a little too late has the chance to do it all next year, with a little help over the offseason. And could we really think the same this time last year?
More from BoSox Injection
- Red Sox exec claims Mookie Betts loss changed management style, but actions say otherwise
- Predicting top Red Sox outfield prospect Ceddanne Rafaela’s timeline to the majors
- How realistic are the Boston Red Sox/Chris Sale trade rumors?
- Predicting Red Sox top prospect Marcelo Mayer’s timeline to the majors
- Giants’ desperation post-Carlos Correa debacle highlights Red Sox’ lack of urgency