Jul 12, 2015; Chicago, IL, USA; Chicago Cubs shortstop Starlin Castro (13) makes a play during the fourth inning against the Chicago White Sox at Wrigley Field. Mandatory Credit: Caylor Arnold-USA TODAY Sports
Playing shortstop and batting ninth – Starlin Castro (Age 30)
A replacement is necessary at short and the best available option is the much maligned Castro.
Never living up to projected promise is not a crime unless you are a baseball player. Castro, a Chicago Cub hot prospect, was eventually shipped out by the Cubs and has moved around considerably since then. Castro provided steady defensive play, quality at bats and some good baseball instincts. This is not Julio Lugo.
More from BoSox Injection
- Red Sox Nation deserves far more from Fenway Sports Group
- Bizarre trade deadline comes back to haunt Red Sox after Nathan Eovaldi departure
- Red Sox’ Moneyball-style offseason continues with Corey Kluber contract
- Rich Hill’s Red Sox departure puts him within striking distance of unique MLB record
- Red Sox offseason takes another nasty hit with Nathan Eovaldi departure