According to Gordon Edes of ESPN Boston the Red Sox might be on the look out for a trade that would send outfielder Alejandro De Aza elsewhere.
I would not be surprised if Pirates make a run at De Aza
This coming a day after the team traded Shane Victorino to the Los Angeles Angels, clearly shows the Red Sox are planning on getting pieces they think will help them in 2016.
Since joining Red Sox Nation on June 4th, De Aza has done nothing but help the Red Sox lineup bat a bit better than they once were. He is currently batting .298 with 3 home runs and 19 RBI in 41 games with the Sox.
This would make complete sense for the Red Sox. If a deal did occur that involved De Aza, it would allow a recall of Jackie Bradley Jr to the majors. De Aza certainly is not in the Red Sox future plans, but Bradley Jr is.
There has been speculation in the recent days that the Pittsburgh Pirates have been connected to Mike Napoli. Does this mean a deal now involving De Aza would send both to Pittsburgh? For now we will sit and wait to see the next domino fall, but expect the Red Sox to continue to send off veterans as the team looks to get younger.
More from BoSox Injection
- 3 players the Red Sox could’ve DFA’ed instead of Jeter Downs and Eric Hosmer
- Eric Hosmer DFA is latest questionable Red Sox roster decision
- Scott Boras rubs Xander Bogaerts failure in Red Sox faces at Masataka Yoshida introduction
- Did Alex Cora just drop a huge hint about Red Sox free-agent target?
- 4 Free-agent DH options Red Sox should consider to replace JD Martinez