May 16, 2015; Seattle, WA, USA; Boston Red Sox third basemanPablo Sandoval
(center) greats pitcherKoji Uehara
(19) after the Red Sox beat the Seattle Mariners 4-2 at Safeco Field. Mandatory Credit: Jennifer Buchanan-USA TODAY Sports
- Game One Winner – Texas Rangers, as Miley will not match his counterpart’s performance.
- Game Two Winner – Boston Red Sox, depending on the pitcher whom Texas will announce as starting. Kelly should have learned a valuable lesson from his last start that carries him to victory.
- Game Three Winner – Boston Red Sox, as Buchholz could inspire the bigger bats to go back to their strikeout ways.
The Texas Rangers will likely struggle a bit on the mound, but don’t expect their bats to do the same. If the Red Sox can have some consistency on the mound, where they don’t have to overwork the bullpen, then Boston should take the series, but will not sweep. The games should be very close, even if a ton of runs are scored.
More from BoSox Injection
- Red Sox Nation deserves far more from Fenway Sports Group
- Bizarre trade deadline comes back to haunt Red Sox after Nathan Eovaldi departure
- Red Sox’ Moneyball-style offseason continues with Corey Kluber contract
- Rich Hill’s Red Sox departure puts him within striking distance of unique MLB record
- Red Sox offseason takes another nasty hit with Nathan Eovaldi departure