Red Sox Series Preview: @ Seattle Mariners
5 of 5
May 11, 2015; Oakland, CA, USA; Boston Red Sox relief pitcherKoji Uehara
(19) pitches during the ninth inning against the Oakland Athletics at O.co Coliseum. Mandatory Credit: Bob Stanton-USA TODAY Sports
- Game One Winner – Seattle Mariners, as you should expect Kelly to struggle, once again. However, it should be close.
- Game Two Winner – Boston Red Sox. Happ will remember his time in Toronto, as his former Blue Jays manager John Farrell sits across from him in the other dugout, plotting a win.
- Game Three Winner – Boston Red Sox. There are no delusions, here, that Hernandez will lose this game for the Mariners. If the Red Sox win, it will be because of the bullpens, possibly extra innings. That relies on Porcello being able to keep Boston in the game, close, so they can make a comeback victory.
- Game Four Winner – Boston Red Sox. Not that Paxton cannot win the game, but it will depend on who fills in for Masterson. If the game is close, Boston should get just enough run support.
These predictions will rely on the amount of run support that the Mariners give their starters. From the look of things, either Nelson Cruz has to defeat the Red Sox, single-handed, or the Red Sox could squeak out a series victory.
More from BoSox Injection
- Red Sox Nation deserves far more from Fenway Sports Group
- Bizarre trade deadline comes back to haunt Red Sox after Nathan Eovaldi departure
- Red Sox’ Moneyball-style offseason continues with Corey Kluber contract
- Rich Hill’s Red Sox departure puts him within striking distance of unique MLB record
- Red Sox offseason takes another nasty hit with Nathan Eovaldi departure