In May of 1926, three fires burned down the left bleachers at Fenway. John Quinn, the owner at the time, simply removed the charred remains from the park, opting not to rebuild. In 1933, when Tom Yawkey bought the team, he began a huge renovation of the ballpark. However, that renovation was violently forced to stop in 1934, when yet another fire swept through Fenway, damaging most of the park.
9 of 9