Hanley heating up
There are few hitters in the game more dangerous than Hanley Ramirez when he gets locked in at the plate. We didn’t see nearly enough of that version of Ramirez this year but he picked a great time to start heating up.
Ramirez went 4-for-4 with three RBI in Game 3.
More from BoSox Injection
- Red Sox Nation deserves far more from Fenway Sports Group
- Bizarre trade deadline comes back to haunt Red Sox after Nathan Eovaldi departure
- Red Sox’ Moneyball-style offseason continues with Corey Kluber contract
- Rich Hill’s Red Sox departure puts him within striking distance of unique MLB record
- Red Sox offseason takes another nasty hit with Nathan Eovaldi departure
A base hit in the third inning drove in Moreland for Boston’s second run of the game and put him on base for the Devers home run that would put them ahead.
The final score may suggest the Red Sox ran away with this game but as late as the seventh inning they were still desperate for some insurance runs while clinging to a one-run lead. Ramirez delivered with a two-run double to make it a 6-3 game. Boston would tack on four more runs in the inning but it was the clutch double by Ramirez that ignited that big inning to put the game away.
The series began with Ramirez on the bench, getting an opportunity to rejoin the lineup only after Eduardo Nunez re-aggravated his knee. Any angry Hanley is a dangerous Hanley and it seems the benching may have awakened his bat. Ramirez is 6-for-10 with a pair of doubles and three RBI in this series.