Red Sox: Before they were BoSox – Second baseman Dustin Pedroia
2 of 5
Born in Woodland, California, a suburb of Sacramento, Pedroia was born into an athletic family. His mother, Debbie, played tennis at Sacramento City College and his uncle, Phil Snow, is currently the defensive coordinator for the Baylor University football team.
More from Red Sox News
- Did Alex Cora just drop a huge hint about Red Sox free-agent target?
- 4 Free-agent DH options Red Sox should consider to replace JD Martinez
- Chaim Bloom hits back at rival execs’ criticism of Masataka Yoshida contract
- Red Sox cut bait with key Mookie Betts trade piece in latest roster move
- MLB insider hints Red Sox teardown may continue with two trades
However, Pedroia followed in the footsteps of his older brother Brett, choosing baseball as his sport. Brett would let Dustin play baseball with him even though he was much younger.
Growing up in Northern California, Pedroia grew up a San Francisco Giants, San Francisco 49ers, and Sacramento Kings fan.
Pedroia modelled his game after Barry Bonds, which you can most likely attribute to the fact that he thinks he’s Bonds’ size.