Jun 13, 2015; Omaha, NE, USA; Arkansas Razorbacks runner Andrew Benintendi(16) rounds the bases after hitting a home run against the Virginia Cavaliers in the 2015 College World Series at TD Ameritrade Park. Virginia Cavaliers won 5-3. Mandatory Credit: Bruce Thorson-USA TODAY Sports
Andrew Benintendi – Hot!
Well…three games are really not much of a sample for the 2015 first round selection, but give him some props for a nice beginning.
The 20-year-old signed his slot quickly and moved on to Lowell A- for his professional baptism. The short sample slash is .385/.467/.615 with a home run and two RBI for the fleet left-handed batter.
Beinintendi, ranked seventh in the Red Sox system, rose rapidly in the draft rankings with an excellent power display in college, tossing in a superior OBP and an OPS that would make most players envious – but college is one thing and pros are another and there is a very long list of first round failures.
Sources: Baseball-reference. So Prospects. MLB Prospect Watch.
Statistics through 7/5.
More from BoSox Injection
- Red Sox Nation deserves far more from Fenway Sports Group
- Bizarre trade deadline comes back to haunt Red Sox after Nathan Eovaldi departure
- Red Sox’ Moneyball-style offseason continues with Corey Kluber contract
- Rich Hill’s Red Sox departure puts him within striking distance of unique MLB record
- Red Sox offseason takes another nasty hit with Nathan Eovaldi departure