Twas the night before Christmas and all through Fenway Park, not a GM was around, not a deal close to being done. Ok, so it doesn’t exactly rhyme and it’s a cheap play on a Christmas classic, but it’s the truth. Ben Cherington is being patient and we have witnessed it first hand since he took over as GM. We’ve watched great ball players find homes with other clubs and it’s been frustrating to say the least. Let’s hope the Red Sox history of finding rewarding January signings continues in 2012. With that here is the BoSox Injection Weekly Wrap-up.
– Earl asks the question as to whether or not our old friend Theo Epstein could save the Red Sox season by acquiring Yu Darvish and keep him out of the AL East.
– Finally we hear that Darvish is going to Texas and Earl compares the new hype to Dice-K, who is better and fills you in on everything you could ever want to know about Yu Darvish.
– When Matt Garza‘s name surfaced again as a possible trade involving San Diego, we looked at how a 3 way deal including the Red Sox would be too costly.
– The readers of BSI spoke through our poll and it was decided that the Red Sox do not to name a new captain if Jason Varitek does not return.
– Is Ben Cherington being too patient with the free-agent market? We looked at his first three months on the job and his lack of activity.
– Ryan H. points out that the starting pitching market is getting smaller and smaller after Gio Gonzalez is dealt to the Washington Nationals.
– Bill S. compares Ben Cherington to one Dr. Mesmer, citing that Cherington learnt to be too complacent from Theo.
Tags: Ben Cherington Boston Red Sox Call To The Pen Carlos Beltran FanSided Gavin Floyd Gio Gonzalez Jason Varitek Mark Melancon Mat Latos Matt Garza Roy Oswalt Seedlings To Stars Theo Epstein Xander Bogaerts Yu Darvish